Welcome to the 360th Christian Carnival: The End of the Decade Edition. The posts have been randomly placed within categories, so don’t mind that, and I’ve included some extras from other bloggers. Enjoy and feel free to disagree with the Best Of lists! Make sure to look at the Carnival Archive for past carnivals: we’ve been doing this since 2004!
Best Music of 2010: Either Jimmy Hendrix’s Valley of Neptune or Johnny Cash’s haunting Ain’t No Grave (youtube)
Best Music of the Decade: We might not like it but Eminem and Britney Spears are probably at the top. But I’d say the White Stripes even if they came out of the 90s and at least one song from Outkast.
- Crystal Rodli presents Church Planter and Approval Idolatry posted at In A Clay Pot.
- michelle presents A Place Called Melancholy ? A Place Called Joy posted at And She Went Out….
Best World News of 2010: Either the Haiti Earthquake or the Rescue of the Chilean Miners
Best Word News of the Decade: A Tsunami? A Hurricane? Deaths (A Victim, A Pope, A Terrorist, A Dictator, An Idol)? 9/11? Global Wars? Tough to call. Maybe we should just pick Y2K.
- Angela presents Making a difference with your words posted at angela talks about …
- Holly Vandervort presents A Single Girl’s Christmas posted at writerinspire. Her other post on Moltman was outside the time frame for this carnival.
- Charles Chua C K presents Be Thankful be Appreciative posted at All About Living with Life
- Clinton Chisholm presents Luke and his Gospel: Victimized and Vindicated posted at The Chisholm Source.
- Joe Plemon presents Why the Magi Were Wise Gift Givers posted at Personal Finance By The Book
- BWL presents 10 Things Rich Christians Must Do With Their Money posted at Christian Personal Finance.
Best Popular Christian Book of 2010: Either Craig’s On Guard or Copan’s Is God A Moral Monster
Best Popular Christian Book of the Decade: Ugh it’s probably gonna’ be something like Blue Like Jazz. If I could get away with it, I’d say the Harry Potter series. Does the Ressurrection of the Son of God by Wright count as a popular level book?
- Sheepkinz presents A Solitary Place in Christ posted at INSPIKS.
- Chris Price presents Christmas Passage?? posted at Random Musings on Anything and Everything from a Biblical Worldview.
Ringers (I may or may not agree with them, they’re just good posts)
- Mark D. Roberts Why Did Ebenezer Scrooge Change (1, 2 and 3 are currently up)
- Roger Olson on Voluntarism vs. Realism (part 1 and 2)
- Michael Patton’s 10 Myths about Calvinism
- Dudding from Re-Fundamentals on Stable and Manger myth
- Kenotic Arianism and a quote from Arius by char.
- Jason at Pastoral Musings has a give-away by Intervarsity Press.
- Xulon’s Blessed Are The Peacemakers